A denture is a removable prosthesis that replaces the missing teeth in the mouth. It is tailor-made for each patient's dental requirement. Dentures help to restore the functionality of the teeth and enhance the appearance of the patient. At Parklane Family Dental, the dentist recommends dentures to patients who have undergone teeth loss.
Types of Dentures
Dentists offer two major types of dentures to the patients which have been listed below.
- Complete Denture: Patients who have undergone complete loss of a tooth are recommended complete denture. It helps to replace the entire set of teeth and instills functionality.
- Partial Denture: Dentists recommend partial dentures for patients who have a couple of teeth missing in their mouth.
Advantages of Dentures
- Dentures improve the appearance of the patient aesthetically.
- It corrects speech impairment that patients experience due to teeth loss.
- The prosthetic device is easy to clean and comfortable to wear.
- It helps to avoid other oral health conditions.
- Dentures help to provide support to the facial structure of the patient.
The Procedure of Fixing Denture
An initial consultation with the patient is conducted, which provides better insight regarding the dental condition to the dentist. It helps to understand if the patient is an appropriate candidate for wearing a denture. The dentist takes the impression of the mouth and teeth with the help of a digital imaging system. The dentist fabricates a model of the denture as per the requirement of the patient.
The patient finalizes the color, shape and fitting of the denture. It is sent to the laboratory for fabrication. The patient can wear a temporary denture until the subsequent appointment. The fully fabricated denture is affixed to the mouth with the help of suction and the necessary adjustments are made to instill functionality.
Care for Denture
The patient should take good care of dentures by handling them gently while removing and wearing them. The dentist provides a soft-bristled brush to clean the dentures regularly. It is essential to remove and rinse them after each meal. This helps to remove food residue from the prosthetic device. Dentists provide a cleaning solution to the patient, which can be used to dip the denture when not in use. It is also important to visit the dentist regularly to clean the dentures professionally.
Parklane Family Dental, located at Fort Smith, AR, is equipped with the latest technologies and expert dentists, which helps to offer the best dental care facilities to the patient. Call (479) 782-0080, (479) 273-0004 or (479) 484-0777 and book an appointment with the dentistry to know more about dentures and other dental care services.