CROWNS AND VENEERS IN FORT SMITH, AR AND ROGERS, AR
Dental crowns and veneers are also some of the most common tooth restoration options since they are manufactured to resemble the natural appearance of the other teeth in your mouth, which makes them esthetically pleasing, too! A cast is made of the existing tooth and an impression is made. The impression is sent to a special lab, which manufactures a custom-designed crown. In some cases, a temporary crown is applied until the permanent crown is ready. Permanent crowns are cemented in place.
When teeth are too damaged for a dental filling to restore, crowns can offer a more effective solution to decayed or broken teeth. Each crown is customized to fit over your natural teeth exactly, which seals bacteria away from the vulnerable portions and prevents potential infection. Each crown is also custom-shaded to match the rest of your teeth, so you can smile with confidence after your crown is placed.
Crowns are sometimes confused with veneers, but they are quite different. Veneers are typically applied only to relatively small areas. Dental veneers are thin shells of porcelain or resin composite that are bonded to the front of the teeth, providing a natural, attractive look. They can be used to fix chipped, stained, misaligned, worn down, uneven or abnormally spaced teeth. Veneers can quickly produce a stunning change in your smile!
Veneers are not permanent, generally lasting 5 to 10 years before needing to be replaced. They are very durable, however, giving you a beautiful, long-lasting smile.
WHEN ARE VENEERS DESIRABLE?
- When you want to improve the look of your teeth – their shape, uniformity, and color
- For crooked or misshapen teeth
- If you have badly discolored or stained teeth
- If some or all of your teeth are too small or too large
- When there are undesirable or uneven spaces between teeth
- If you have a chipped tooth
- For worn-down teeth, which are sometimes caused by teeth grinding, or bruxism
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF DENTAL VENEERS?
- They provide a natural tooth appearance.
- They offer an immediate result with aesthetic appeal.
- Porcelain veneers are stain resistant.
- The color of a porcelain veneer can be selected such that it makes dark teeth appear whiter.
- Veneers offer a conservative approach to changing a tooth’s color and shape; veneers generally don’t require the extensive shaping prior to the procedure that crowns do, yet offer a stronger, more aesthetic alternative.